Monday, June 23, 2008

Fig Sugar Cookies

I had picked some figs a few days ago and they were starting to get too soft, so I decided to make Fig Sugar Cookies. I didn't have a lot of figs, so I halved the recipe. I also didn't have the baking powder, but they turned out pretty good! I really need to add more figs next time though.





Fig Sugar Cookies

1 cup chopped figs
1/3 cup water
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking powder (I didn't use this)
1/2 teaspoon salt (or this)


1. Cook figs with water, stirring frequently, until thickened (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.

2. Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Blend well. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in the cooled figs. Drop by teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.

3. Bake 375 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks.


Very simple recipe. Just watch your cookies because they cook fast! (Notice my browned edges. I forgot about them!)

I think I am going to reconstruct the recipe into a healthier version.

No comments: