Sunday, January 18, 2009

Salisbury Steaks



So, Rodney LOVES Salisbury steaks. I am quiet fond of them myself. So, since we both liked them, I decided to make some for supper the other night, and I am so glad I did! They were so delicious. I found this recipe.

Salisbury Steaks

Ingredients:
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can French onion soup
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder (I just used regular mustard)
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
  3. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.





Notes: Next time I will cook the meat in a cast iron skillet and when I pour the soup mixture over the meat, pop the skillet into the oven to cook.

It turned out excellent and the gravy it made was good over the mashed potatoes.

No comments: