Friday, October 16, 2009

Dirt Cake with Worms

This is after we had already dug in!

We had a small Halloween party with Rodney's family. My mother-in-law and I put it all together. One of the desserts I made was a dirt cake with worms (I doubled it) . It was so delicious! Here's the recipe (with my changes):

Dirt Cake with Worms

Ingredients:
  • 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 3 1/2 cups of milk (for thicker pudding use less milk)
  • 2 tubs of Cool Whip (I used 1 big one)
  • 1 package of oreos
  • 1 package of gummy worms (one of the $1 ones at Wal-Mart will be plenty!)

Directions:
Mix pudding with milk for 2 minutes (I made my pudding ahead of time and let it chill for about 2 hours)
Mix 1/3 of cool whip with pudding
Crush Oreos in food processor (or in a zipper baggie like I did)
Layer pudding, cool whip, and cookies. Add gummy worms on top to finish. I put about 5 gummy worms in each layer between the cool whip and the cookies for some extra wormies.


No comments: