After searching through lots of different recipes for Shepherd's pie, I decided to combine a couple and kinda make up my own recipe. So, I used the recipes here and here and below is what I took from them and used. Rodney doesn't really like cream of mushroom soup, so I thought the addition of ketchup and worcestershire sauce (which he LOVES) would tone the flavor of the soup down some yet still leave the meat mixture creamy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- dash of onion powder
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 can vegetables of choice (optional. my husband is pretty much anti-veggie, so ours will be on the side)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (I used instant because that's what Rodney likes, but if you prefer real mashed potatoes that's fine too
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned. Drain fat. Mix in cream of mushroom soup, onion powder, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and veggies.
- Put beef mixture into an 8x8 casserole dish and sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Spread mashed potatoes over cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are golden brown.